Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Singapore Visit II

On my first day, I visited a lot of places in the city but time was not good enough to visit all great places. My second day was great.

I remember the place where the minister of Singapore lives.





It was great. As I enjoyed some of the historic places in Singapore. Where my friends narrated me some of what he knows.



The black elephant monument, If I I can recall what my friend told me is a gift from the Thai government as a sign of unity among the two countries.


I imitated some of the monuments I saw. It is Raffles monument, there is the black and the white version. The monument was made in honor of Sir Thomas Stamford Bingley Raffles, a British statesman, and best known for finding the city of Singapore. He is often described as the "Father of Singapore".




Hope I imitated it well. See for yourself. LOL.



I as well visited the famous Fort Canning. It is a slight hill 60 meters high. It has a long history as the highest elevation within walking distance to the civic district of the city.



To sum up, my Singapore vacation was awesome. Hope to get back there once again and see some of the new tourist's destination.

No comments: