Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Thelma's Kitchenette: Baler, Aurora

It feels great to revisit Baler after a month. My first visit on this wonderful town was last May. Going back to Baler thrills me because I can ride on the waves of Sabang Beach again. This time, I will not be posting on the tourist destinations but I will be posting on the homegrown restaurants around the surfer's paradise. 
 
After a day tour on different tourist destinations in Aurora, we went back to our hotel to freshen up for dinner. From a more than 6 hours travel from Manila plus the day tour within the nearby towns of Baler, we needed to recharged and re-energized. We were all excited to try homegrown cuisines in the town proper. 
  
Thelma's Kitchenette at night!
Strolling at night, we found Thelma's Kitchenette on the side of the road. Here we decided to have our stomach get filled. We met the very accommodating owner, Ms. Thelma. With the colorful tarpaulin hung on the wall, I noticed that she was the model of the restaurant, promoting their special halo-halo. After I had my main course, I ordered halo-halo for my dessert. Off-course, I will not let the moment passed-by without taking picture with the model-owner! 


The Model-Owner and the Blogger.
The special halo-halo was worth it for only P50.00. They follow measurements in preparing their halo-halo. What made this special is that pastillas has been added as the main ingredient of the dessert. Fresh cow's milk I guess added the yummy flavor of their halo-halo plus the coconut meat and other ingredients. 


What makes Thelma's Kitchenette interesting is that foods are being served fresh from the heat. They have the so-called "i-request mo, iluto ko" wherein they will only cook the food once you order. I was not able to take some pictures on the main course because I was eager to re-fill my stomach, hahaha! We ordered sisig, crispy kare-kare and lechong-kawali. They also offer the Silog menus perfectly for breakfast plus short orders like: pancit gisado, pancit canton, beef mami, liempo with rice and many others. 



They also offer exotic food like what I've tried(for free), the sweet and spicy suso. Sarap! Thelma's Kitchenette also offer catering service for group picnics. You can reach them thru: 0947.890.9693 and look for Ms. Thelma. Definitely I will go back to this place once I hit Baler again. 

Creamy-spicy Suso :)

No comments: