Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Experiencing Summer for a Day in Camaya Coast, Mariveles, Bataan

Camaya Coast has always been on my travel bucket list since last year but the travel plan did not materialized because I was busy traveling to to other parts of the country. Camaya Coast was once a secluded cove accessible only to fishermen now transformed to a prime leisure resort and residential development. It is now open to the public for a day tour and overnight stay.

As a frequent traveler, I usually browse the web looking for great travel deals during summer. While browsing, I saw a great offer in Metro Deal for a day tour in Camaya Coast. The offer was Php 899.00 for a day-tour entrance with round-trip ferry transfers Manila-Camaya Coast-Manila. The deal includes access to the infinity pool and other amenities of the resort. 

To catch up for the 0800H departure time, I woke up early at 0500H and left the house at 0530H. I arrived at Seaside Terminal around 06300H and took my breakfast at 7-Eleven convenience store. We departed Manila on-time via MV Starlite Juno.


We arrived at Camaya Coast around 1000H. The smooth-sailing ferry ride was about 2 hours. Travel time may vary depending on the weather condition. Getting off from the ferry was exciting! I was excited to finally experience Camaya Coast and cross out one of my summer travel bucket list. 



Upon docking, you will be welcomed with lush mountains and pristine beaches. Indeed the place was very promising. Weekday tour is relaxing because the areas was not crowded. The club provides locker rooms for day tour guests. Locker keys are available at the Sand Bar and it costs Php 300.00 for replacement so better keep an eye on your key.


After putting my things in the locker room, I went biking. Ride a bike if you want to stroll all over the place for free! I was busy taking pictures as I stroll on the beautiful place. I bet you will also like the place. 






Outside foods and drinks are not allowed in Camaya but no worries because there are a lot of restaurants in the area. From Pancake House to Figaro Coffee Shop and Yellow Cab among others. I opted to have my lunch at the Pancake House. 


After my lunch, I spent my time sleeping near the beach under the coconut trees. Who will not fall asleep if you have a full stomach with a very relaxing ambiance plus a windy afternoon on the beach? I slept for about 2 hours. That was just so relaxing! 



Afterwards, I went swimming! If you want to take a break from the beach, visit their infinity pool. The pool makes you feel like you are in a jacuzzi minus the bubbles. The pool was 4 feet deep and well-maintained. Lifeguards are on the corner so nothing to worry about, you are secured.




I spent most of my afternoon chilling on the pool. At 1600H, I went shower and prepared my things. I took some snacks before I went on board. We departed Camaya Coast at 1700H and arrived in Manila around 1900H. 



I recommend this place for those who wants to relax for a day. Camaya Coast can be both visited via ferry ride or via land travel. From Manila, ferry ride will take you 2 hours while land travel will take you more or less 4 hours. It is advisable to bring with you your car if you opted for land travel because there are no public vehicles that will directly take you there. 



If ever, I will have a chance to visit this place again, I will be staying here overnight.

No comments: