Thursday, April 10, 2014

San Ildefonso de Toledo Parish: Tanay Rizal

Third Stop: San Ildefonso de Toledo Parish, Tanay, Rizal
5th and 6th Station

Located in the heart of Tanay, Rizal along MH Del Pilar Street. It is a 405-year-old church. Just imagine how old this church is. Most likely it witnessed a lot of historical events. It was named after Archbishop Ildefonso of Toledo, Spain. 



TRIVIA: The Church of Tanay was initially built as an independent parish in 1605 and later on transferred to San Antonio which the roof was made of cogon grass and wood. The present church was completed in 1783. 

The Altar.

Taking one shot!


I like this church specially the altar area. I could not resist to take a shot inside the church. Haha! Well I am done with my prayers after I took the shot so nothing to worry. How I wish that this church will stand strong in the many years to come.  


Church of Tanay

The ecclesiastical administration of Tanay belonged to Pililia up to 1606 when the first church was built. The town moved to San Antonio in 1620 but was transferred to this site in 1640. The present church was completed in 1783.


The Belfry.





No comments: